Richard wrote:
> The thing I don't get is that this 'mentality' protects the folks who can
> afford healthcare insurance ( wealthier ) while shafting the poor...

The poor cannot be taken to court for non payment, can they?  If a
poor person files as bankrupt and there are no assets, what can be
taken?  Bankrupt is supposed to take value from the poor to pay for
debt but if there are no assets the debt goes unpaid, hence, perhaps
the poor are better off for hospital-care?  Bankruptcy cannot leave a
person destitute at the street in the gutter, can it?  Doesn't
bankruptcy allow a person to be left with a modicum of day to day
living essentials?
Thanks barrister Randy and barrister Grant.
mao