If I understand the system correctly, the valve determines the height by filling the struts until the point is reached where the valve goes into neutral. I like to think of the struts as hydraulic cylinders with a relief function which allows the car to ride nice. That relief function is achieved via nitrogen filled spheres, it is in effect the pressure in the spheres which is the flexible thing, without it we all know that a SLS car will ride like a brick.
So I am not sure what would cause a SLS car to go boing boing?

Hendrik
who is thinking out aloud again