Mitch,
I purchased my 1983 300D from the grandson of the original owner who lived in
South Carolina. It has the original headlight/fog light assemblies. I have
replaced a couple of hi/lo beam headlights, but the yellow fog lights are still
original as they rarely get used. They have the same rear plug as the
headlight. As I said in another post, about 12 years ago I purchased a spare
set of headlight assemblies to include the side turn lights and the yellow fog
lights on eBay. I still have the spare set in a box as I have never needed
them. I also have a spare set of front lights for my 1980 300SD. I'm not much
on spare belts and fuses, but I like to have spare headlights and taillight
assemblies in case some goober backs into me in the parking lot :-)
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.