On Wed, 7 May 2014 16:30:24 -0500 Mountain Man <maontin....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Craig wrote:
> > It's embarrasing when your answer will show that your slavish
> > adherence to the global warming mantra is totally wrong...
>
> So...
> It is okay to rape and pillage?
> The planet, its environs? ourselves?

Did I say it was? You are jumping too far to your conclusions.

I was commenting that the latest guilt-inducing hysteria embarrasses some
who don't follow their line of thought and the evidence around them to
their logical conclusions before they open their mouths.

> If we can change our ways a bit why not?  Is that sooo bad?

A bit would be fine, in fact, I'm already changing my ways. The problem
is that the "powers that be" are not content with a bit, they want the
whole enchalada placed in their laps.

> We can do things and not really suffer, or we can continue to mine and
> deplete resources.  Lessee, one of Kaleb's favorite topics a few years
> back was peak oil - is that dead?  Can we use less?

Yes, we can use less. I don't know the current state of "peak oil", but
the day of reckoning has been pushed back with improved extraction
methods.

We have been put here to be stewards, not to rape and pillage. We have
been put here to take care of the current generation and provide for
future ones. Those who are promulgating the current hysteria are actually
concerned about neither.

Craig