Heat?!  In Michigan?!  Oh, that must be SOUTHERN Michigan.  ;<)

Reminds me: On July 4th weekend at Kincheloe (20 south of Ste. Marie), 'still had a significant pile of snow in shady area of our front yard. I was gonna see how long it'd be before it melted. I left the house for little while to go to BX; while I was out, 17-year-old daughter shoveled/scattered the pile around into the sun; pile was gone by next afternoon. I was a little disappointed - wanted to be able to say, "We still had snow in our yard in middle of July."

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2014 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Slow day

Fred Moir wrote:
I'd give a lot for that to be true.

I was there, planned on pruning her apple trees.
Between the heat (88°F) and my total lack of conditioning, I can run a pole saw for a couple of minutes where I could have done it for five minutes last fall.

Oh well, got a few branches pruned of the tree that suffered the worst bark
browsing last winter, will finish up later in the week when it's cool outside,
and I'll take along a chain saw for the bigger branches. Pushing a pole saw
through a single 3" limb leaves me gasping.

Mitch.

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.