We are trying to prepare the 250 sq. ft. concrete floor of what was once an
auto shop (that repaired a few MB's - MB content) for 18" square ceramic
tiles. The concrete is not all that level or smooth. We poured eight bags
of "self leveling underlayment" on it and improved some areas, made others
worse.

The instructions I read/watched all used a ½" electric drill to mix the 50
lb. bag of cement like stuff into 5 qts/liters of water. I literally burnt
up the Harbor Freight ½" drill on the fifth bag, switched to an old fixed
speed 3/8th " drill, pulsing it to finish. I think we weren't able to keep
mixing and pouring fast enough to keep up with the drying of the previous
pour.

I'm considering using our home owner sized cement mixer, but wondered who
has BTDT, and been successful?

Also, this cement mixer has a 24" long barrel that is 19" at the base and
16" at the throat. How many bags of sakrete should it be able to mix at
once? If two 80 lb bags, should I be able to mix three 50 lb bags of "self
leveling underlayment" at once???