 From: Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:26 AM
Subject: [MBZ] German POWs from WWII

There were POW camps on Lake of the Woods during the war.
One of the fellows who was imprisoned there went home to Germany after
the war but continued to visit during the summers and owned a cottage
there in his retirement until he and his wife became too old to make the
trip any more. He had very fond memories of his time there during the
war. He felt he was treated very well.

Randy

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no