https://www.dropbox.com/s/vchqcx4i0iss33f/TdP7088.jpg

--R

On 7/23/14 11:35 PM, WILTON via Mercedes wrote:
Mention of glacial activity reminds me of an area in the hills near Sondrestrom Air Base, Greenland, where the rounded, granite top of a hill was polished to a mirror finish by the glacier now visible about 10 miles away. I enjoyed driving my truck up onto it and watching my many visitors, including a couple of USAF generals, other military and civilian officials from headquarters and Danish, Canadian and Swedish government officials ponder the awesomeness of the time and power of boulders, smaller rocks, sand and fine, powder-like sand combined with ice under tremendous pressure and its imperceptible movements to perform such a task.

Wilton