SWMBA is completely off her rocker.  I call her Last Minute Lucy, since she is
a day late and dollar short at planning things.  I advised her to get her crap
together last year, or at least by Feb. to begin house hunting.  She began late
May, and closed on what was available 28 days before the move.  Not the place
she wanted or the list of needs and wants.  Too far from school and work, but
not so far it hurts.

Purchased the car ten days before she leaves town, and has yet to take
possession.  Still has her old car that needs detail and get sold.    That is a
long shot, since she is out of town this week.

She decided to begin looking for furniture for the new house in late June.  No
sense of style, or visualization ability.  There is a six to ten week lead time
for the product to show up.  The movers came to give a quote for taking her
stuff up.  No paperwork yet, but it looks like the earliest it will get there
is late October.

She wants an adventure, so is driving.  I know she is bat shit crazy, so I am
not taking part.  The trip is estimated to be 48 driving hours.  She thinks she
can pull that off in five days.  Two border crossings, lower speed roads, wild
animals on the road, drunks, really uncomfortable seats and three people in the
car.  I took five days to blast from Orlando to Seattle at 85mph.  Drove sun up
to sundown in early August.

On Jul 29, 2014, at 4:41 AM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:

> Parts of the AlCan are still pretty rough. Expect to replace a windshield by
> the end of the trip.
>
> She is psycho, isn't she?
>
> Put the car on a barge or ship in Portland or Seattle and fly up.  This is a
> daily thing around there. Seattle and Portland are the Sam's Club and Costco
> for Alaska.
>
> Dan
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Jul 28, 2014, at 7:13 PM, Rich Thomas via Mercedes
>> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>>
>> So is this effort your part in getting her to be gone?
>>
>> --R
>>

>>> On 7/28/14 7:04 PM, clay via Mercedes wrote:
>>> Lies, mischaracterizations, obfuscation and deceit.
>>>
>>> That is how cars are sold.
>>>
>>> SWMBA wants to drive the AlCan to get to her new abode.  The korean sedan
>>> will not meet her needs, so she decided a used Rav4 would.  No research was
>>> done on her part and she blithely wanders into a few places she found a
>>> suitable example from CL.  I had bothered to bone up on the cars and kept
>>> my mouth shut except when it got thick and silly.  We wasted a weekend test
>>> driving the things and having mouth breathers  bloviate about the wonderful
>>> deals they would make her.  I told her it was her decision, as I would not
>>> be driving the thing.
>>>
>>> Last Friday, after I had to field calls from sales critters  (she did not
>>> want to divulge her corporate #), I told her to check back with the
>>> persistent feller at the toy oda shop.  Most of the places she looked were
>>> selling auction cars and marked up stickers.  They thought the cars were
>>> pooped out by the almighty himself and would not negotiate or get close to
>>> her price.  The guy at the toad lot got the sweetest deal by having the car
>>> be CPO, dropped closest to her price, and then negotiations hit a bump.  No
>>> more room they said.
>>>
>>> She is texting me at work to get my take.  I tell her to pit the three
>>> shops with the cars she likes against each other.  Call one shop while at
>>> the desk waiting for the critter to get back from chatting up his manager.
>>> Pull up other listings while she waits.  Get up and get a cup of tea and
>>> snack, then walk outside for fresh air.  An hour later, the rock bottom
>>> price they can offer is stated.  No wiggle room for them, and still not
>>> making her happy.  I tell her to make them sweeten the pot with goodies,
>>> like weather beater carpet covers, and tchotkes that really will cost them
>>> nothing, but would make her feel she got a deal.
>>>
>>> Now she wants me to fully detail her sedan.  That is not going to happen.
>>> I told her to spend the cash for a shop to do it, because I need to spend
>>> at least that much to get supplies stocked to do the job right.
>>>

>>> clay
>>>
>>> 2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
>>> 1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
>>> 1972 220D - Gump - She was green, simple and ran