Gmail is an ISP? I thought it was just more of their troublesome software like Google Chrome which runs down laptop batteries.

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2014/7/21/google_chrome_bug_draining_batteries_report.htm

I've had embarqmail (now Centurylink) for years and have never had this kind of problem with any other email list. Anyway, the problem with Mercedes List seems to be fixed thanks to Dan and Kleb.
Gerry