 From: Jim Cathey via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: Dan Penoff <dpen...@mac.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Reworked Web Site

> ...And find a decent web editor.

There's a lot to be said for NON-wysiwyg, aka wisiwiw,
using something like emacs.  The learning curve is a
bit steeper, but there are no surprises and you're
in complete control of everything.  A browser refresh
is fast, and that's all you need to see if a change
came out right or not.  (I do it locally, before
publishing the page(s) to the server.  My publication
step is a script that ftp's all changed files to
the server, automatically.)

You can lay out a few dummy pages using a tool whose
output you like, then view the source to see what is
going on and model your edits after that.

It's surprising how messy the output of such tools
can be.

-- Jim

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no