I was looking at your site today, read through some of the early history of the
Chicken Wagon, hard to believe that was all the way back in 2007...

-Curt

________________________________
 From: Jim Cathey via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Reworked Web Site

> I agree. In the past I've used a tool for things that are a little
> complicated like tables but then clean up the code by hand. Especially
> lately they all want to insert style sheets and other schmegma...

I learned the editor in the early 80's, and HTML 1.0 in the 90's,
and I haven't had any obsolescence problems since.  Sure, my pages
aren't fancy, but I don't _need_ fancy.  I need what I have, which
is fifteen years (now) of date-indexed searchable logs (I use
grep and/or emacs for searches) and no tool obsolescence.  I
could have used plain text, but the HTML formatting is a lot
nicer, and links are just plain nice to have.

I've added tables from later HTML, but I don't think I'm using
much else from newer specs.  Maybe a few character encodings.

-- Jim

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no