Left headlight assembly and lens in the SDL were new in '96. Original had an encounter with a deer.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Crone via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> To: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>; "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Headlight Lens Restoration

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

I'm betting it's a "pay up front and we're betting you forget or never
come back" sort of thing.

I can't see anything unique about the process that would make theirs last
longer. No matter who is doing it, they're just polishing the plastic to
remove the hazing.  The big problem is that over time it gets so far into
the plastic that polishing the surface won't completely remove it.

According to
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3327436/Headlight_Restoration_Availabl
they use some kind of UV coating, but it still takes them 60-90 minutes.
Doesn't take a lot of people remembering to come back at that time
commitment.

I have glass lights in the 300D, and I'm just marking time on the van.
Maybe I will try it on the SDL - probably should get it running first
though. :)

Best,
Tim

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.