Why not buy or make your own oak flooring to match what is there?

The prefinished stuff is nowhere near as nice as the old oak (or maple) flooring. Maybe you can find a school that is taking up their maple flooring and get then for the hauling if you want to go cheap.

I got some oak flooring out of  house that was being torn down.

I made my own from logs on the place when I built my house. 3 big red oak logs. Got em sawed, dried em, air dried the lumber for a few years, then planed and milled the T&G on a radial arm saw. (anyone remember them? They used to be quite popular)

The prefinsihed stuff expands after installation, so if you don't want the floor to buckle, you have to leave plenty space for expansion.

I'll bet at least one person on this list has an opinion on the topic.

Pros and Cons for pre-finished solid wood flooring vs engineered?  We're
trying to keep the price at $6 / square foot or less, but willing to exceed
that if necessary.

Major consideration: The new floor must stand up to the weight of three
pianos, two uprights and one baby grand.  No dogs in the house, just humans
and cats.

We are trying to decide on new flooring for our downstairs.  We've got tile
in the kitchen, which we love and aren't going to change.  The entryway and
connected hallway (and two closets and a half-bathroom) have a solid wood
oak floor, 20 years old now but holding up nicely.  The rest of the
downstairs is carpet, which we hate and it MUST GO.

So we've pretty much decided that we'll replace all the carpet and the
existing oak floor with new wood.  We'd really like to have only two
different types of flooring downstairs (tile and wood).  The stairwell is
carpeted, and ideally that is the only place we'll keep carpeting.
However, the bannisters and faux stair edges are in oak to match the
entryway.  I think we can live with a mis-match between stairs and new wood
flooring.