ATTABOY on designation of the COM structure. AF designation would be CINCHOME. 'Hope all are well. ;<)

Wilt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Meade Dillon via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Wood Floors - solid wood vs. engineered

Thanks to all for the input, and Rich thanks for the offer of the nail gun
- I will probably take you up on that.

Regarding keeping the existing oak floor, COMHOMELANT (aka SWMBO, aka
Chairman of the Finance Committee) would really like something like maple,
hickory, birch, or ash.  Oak is not preferred, she likes something with
less grain and very light in color.  We passed on a lot of pre-finished
solid oak flooring that was less than $4 per square foot (SF), and we are
strongly leaning toward a maple floor at $5 per SF.

Also, I do not want the mess and smell of sanding and finishing.  Nail it
down and be done, that sounds the way to go to me. It is a shame to take up
a perfectly good floor, but it's required to meet the goal (only two types
of flooring - tile and wood -  our home has an open floor plan).

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.