Curt wrote:
> We almost never see more than $0.50 spread which considering how much more
> you spent on your Prius than I spent on the Jetta will but a helluva lot of
> fuel...

To be honest, if I were a few years younger I would probably have bought a used
Jetta diesel or even driven my '83 300D on long trips and repaired them myself
if they broke down, but at my age I wanted a car that got 40+ mpg on the
highway, had an extended warranty, a large number of dealers nationwide, and a
very good repair record. Also, since the car will mostly be used locally, the
50+ mpg/city of the Prius made it the best choice.
If a person is lucky enough to have more money than time left to spend it when
they retire, the price of their car is not the most important factor.
There are some things I don't like about the Prius (their seats might as well
have been made of wooden boards), and the drivers space is cramped.
Since the resale price for clean Prius' is one of the highest, I might wind up
with a different car entirely.
Gerry