One of the option out west, were there are big rivers and some dams, the excess
wind power sucks water back up the dam and stuffs it into the water hole it
just came out of.   THe electrons were not going to get to go on the grid
anyway, and the little fishies get to play in the water for a few more days.
It also helps keep the irrigation water stored for later use

clay