"Renewable" is a manufactured happy word to impart the idea the fuel , or
energy source, doesn't come from nasty crude oil ... or God forbid, coal...
or, worst of all nuclear...

In the case of biodiesel, it's meant to impart the idea that it is taken
from a growing plant that can be regrown [without any inclusion of the
depletion of soil, water, or cost in crude oil to run the tractors and
harvesting equipment to grow the plant.. ]

Think happy thoughts.. hum Kum Ba Ya.. and all will be well ...

Investigation will show the large biodiesel plant failed to make a profit
as soon as government subsidy for renewable energy ran out.. .... I can say
with some authority, having designed and built a biodiesel plant with
20,000,000 gallon per month capacity, in 2007... raw material supply of
vegetable oil in that quantity is a serious problem.. Most biodiesel plants
left standing will tell you then need raw product to make biodiesel with
and can't get it..

It is not a perfect world... I discovered I have OCD & ADD ... Everything
has to be exactly perfect.. but only for a minute... ;))

Grant...