If you are in Calif, maybe you can help me. I have a 240D that is in good shape but has no title. It was abandoned in a storage unit in Lancaster area. I have a form INF-70 from Cal DMV, and it asks for "permissible use" of the form, but the instructions don't list trying to trace a title as a permissible use. The lady at Cal-DMV said this was the form, and it will get me the info. I need to find out what to put in the "permissible use" part of the form, and if there is a way to get the address of the registered previous owner.

Is there an email address for Cal DMV? It has taken me weeks to finally get through to a person by phone. So far I can't find any on their website. This would probably not take too much time if I could get through on the phone. If you are a Calif. lawyer, that is even better.

Thanks