      From: G Mann via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Monday, December 1, 2014 11:38 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Solar Power in Medicine Hat, Alberta, which has more
sunshine than Miami, FL

"We've run into regulatory knuckleheads," Clugston said. "It took way
longer than I thought."

[And I wager, a great deal more money, somehow funded by public taxation
income] ..

For alternate energy to work, It must produce enough to operate at a
profit, not the public dole.

It sounds nice, it looks "green", but, to date, the up front cost do not
pay back in income to investment in "alternate renewable energy".

If this project was a hotel, funded by city/county/state funds, and failed
to produce income it would be an unmitigated disaster and torn down.
Because it's touted as "Green Energy" it somehow is given a free pass on
ROI.

Reality trumps desire, yet again. Sorry to bear the sad news.