‎  Original Message
From: Greg Fiorentino via Mercedes
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 5:40 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Reply To: Greg Fiorentino
Subject: [MBZ] OT: Transcoding LPs to Digital

‎>Since I am a rank beginner at >doing this, I am curious if any of >you have
>experience with this activity to >share.

I've never done it, but it sounds like you have done it correctly. I would add
that it what format you convert to depends on where you are going to listen to
the digital files. For archival purposes (and highest quality) I would store
them as FLAC files using EAC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLAC

https://xiph.org/flac/

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=106539

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-494047.html

For what it's worth, Sansa portable audio players, and BlackBerry phones are
able to play FLAC files.
(Another excellent reason to ditch Android and Apple).

In a car mp3 files would provide acceptable listening.
‎
Rick
Sent from my BlackBerry Z10