      From: Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:42 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Frozen door lock - wt*?

And when it is dry, spray some lock eze into it.

I suspect your little door is bent, bad or broken.

When it rained sideways then froze hard a couple weeks ago, my 240D
would not unlock because the vacuum had leaked down, so the trunk
lock would not open everything, the passenger door lock was not
replaced with the original when an incompetent body shop replaced the
door, so the key does not work in it and the drivers door lock got
water in it and was frozen.

I solved the problem by warming the lock with my hands.

>Part of the problem is that it's never going to dry out if you keep
>pouring water into it.
>
>I doubt very much your window scraper is bad or letting water get to the lock.
>
>You need to remove the door handle (easy 30 second job), take it
>inside and get it good and warm, then clean the lock cylinder as
>Craig suggested.
>
>Better yet, swap door handles between driver's and passenger door.
>They're interchangeable, and it's like having a brand new handle and
>lock on your driver's door.
>
>Dan

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no