Wow, Curt, tell us how you really feel!

<grin>

I’m no fanboy, as that would imply that I run out and buy the latest and
greatest.  I don’t evangelize for Apple products, either, as my feeling is that
people should get/buy what they are most comfortable with or prefer, for
whatever reason.

Professionally I have supported Windows products for many years.  I have a
rooted Nook (Android) tablet next to me on my desk.  I have a home built
Windows 7 machine next to the desk.  I have a NAS that runs a very simple Linux
kernel.  I am platform agnostic.

However, when I am charged with the support for a number of mobile devices that
are in use by people who are far from tech-savvy, I’ll go with Apple products
for their simplicity and ease of support.  Yes, I can set up an Android device
without problem.  They can’t.

However, when I’ve got users who can’t do this and I’m charged with keeping
their hardware running and as trouble-free as possible, I’ll choose Apple.  And
for that matter, I’ve bought one iPhone new.  The other 3 or 4 that have
circulated around here or are still in service I bought used.  I don’t think I
paid more than $150 for any of them, and I believe that’s currently three 4s’
and a 4.

(Mac/Windows/Android/Linux)Dan