I agree, but an odd Dodge that's made completely  by MB in Dusseldorf with
Dodge do-dads popped on just before it goes on  the boat.

  I do think it might cause a problem if pulled over, if you replace the
do-dads with the orignal MB ones. The cop pulls up that you have a  Dodge
Sprinter and you clearly have a Mercedes Sprinter...he checks the  plate on the
door and it says Daimler-Chrysler, not Dodge.

  Chris

Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Christopher McCann wrote:
>  So does a Sprinter get registered as a Dodge, Freightliner or Merc?  What if
> all the Dodge "do-dads" are gone and replaced with stars?  (kit's about $250,
> grille, badges, wheel caps, steering wheel emblem,  everything)

It all depends on the VIN and what the vehicle was called when it was
originally sold - what's been replaced is immaterial. You can put all
the 3 pointed stars you want on a Dodge and it's still a Dodge.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1992 Volkswagen Golf, diesel, 185K km, "Nanook"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 211K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

 What are the most popular cars?  Find out at Yahoo! Autos