On Tuesday, February 7, 2006, at 08:14 PM, David Johnson wrote:

How often should I check the valve clearance and the
timing chain(?) tension in a 123?  What are the specs
on these parameters?
Thanks.
David
83 300 DT
230,000

Twice a week will keep you well enough informed but 15,000mi is the recommendation. in .004" out .014" no more than 5 degrees stretch. The engine has a tensioner that mysteriously keeps things right all by itself. If you buy Amsoil from me and pour it in your engine you may never even have to look in there again, I personally like to peek now and then.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am