> On January 7, 2015 at 12:09 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> Didn't they have a similar issue with Saturn cars that led Dr. Fatty to hate
> GM forever?

2.2 Ecotec engine initially didn't supply enough oil to the chain at low oil
pressures.
I think they put a bigger oil jet in it around 2003.
It was claimed that most of the people with timing chain failures had stick
shifts and a habit of shifting at low rpm.
Myself, I'll upshift at 2000-2500 if I can get the desired acceleration at that
engine speed, so they might be talking about drivers just like me.

Mitch.