Philip sez: Have
you ever tried to add a word to the beginning of a type written
page?  I may gripe about some of the consequences of our technology
- but I also _really_ enjoy some of the benefits!!

Can you imagine a world without smartphones?

7 years and a few days ago, Steve Jobs introduced the iphone. Before that there were cell phones, and a few PDAs that never really caught on. (I have a TRG Pro i bought for my daughter to use as an exchange student if anyone wants a museum piece.)

Now I am one of the trogs that insists on using a (once again trendy) flip phone. I did break down and accept a used iphone 4 for christmas. I intend to use it as an ipod touch and for things like the automotive apps. The voice quality is so much better on a "dumb" phone made by motorola.

Steve Jobs truly changed the world twice. First by building and popularizing the personal computer; second by inventing and popularizing the smart phone using the scarcity model that Doyle Dane Birnbach used so successfully for VW in the 60s.

Can you imagine a world without smartphones now? What is the largest component of a smartphone? What do people continually want larger on their smartphone? The HMI again is the bugaboo. The HMI is the greatest opportunity for revolutionary ways to change the world with technology.