I finally had to give up my Palm Treo a year or two ago because the battery wouldn't stay seated for some reason and it kept turning itself off and on. It seemed pretty much indestructible other than that, and it is still sitting here on my desk plugged in so I can do stuff with it occasionally. While I like my new ifone there was nothing particularly compelling about getting it, other than I needed a replacement and had not got a new phone in about 20 years (hand-me-downs from my phone-upgrade-addicted wife). I found some cool little spreadsheet app for the Treo that I used for some woodworking calculations I created, I think I got one on the ifon but don't recall using it yet. I guess the texting and pics on the new ifon are nice, I use that a lot but it has not been life-changing.

--R