The 240D has needed a new windshield for years. This morning I found a glass wholesaler within 50 miles who had one in stock. He had it listed on car-part.com for $60. I was able to get it for $55. Best price I found for a used one had been $75. Drove down and picked it up this morning.

I love car-part.com.  Now I am even finding NEW parts there!

So, other than the rust and paint, the old girl should be in pretty grand shape when the windshield is put in. The 240D had been sitting for 2 1/2 months outside in the cold. It popped off as soon as the first piston hit top of the compression stroke.

What remains to be seen is how much rust will be under the old gasket and how bad it is.