You will be happy with the 1B toaster.

My first job off the farm was working as a draftsman for Toastmaster while i was working through college. ($2/hr) The old 1B6 series of toasters are, IMHO, the best there is; the best ever made. The 1Bs were out of production when I started, but I saw the boxes of parts for them, and at one point we tested toaster timers and the 1B timer was the standard we compared to. The 1B timers have gold contact points. They were well built and built to run forever. The 240D of toasters. The 1Bs were built prewar until the early 60s.

I used a later 60s Model (B701) for years, until we moved too many times. Later I found a 1B14 I had picked up some year, and started using it. Still works like a charm

Our crappy toaster has packed it in, it wouldn't shut off and burned
everything, and we've been using the toaster oven in its place.  (I
think Jill tossed the dead one, I couldn't find it to try to fix.)
This has been unsatisfactory, as it's not really designed to toast
bread well, so today I grabbed the old Toastmaster 1B6 that I'd found
awhile ago, and really went through it.  I cleaned and lubed the
clockwork, and lubed all sliding and moving pieces, and cleaned it
out.  I even lubed the air piston that prevents toast missiles.  I'd
earlier replaced the cord, so that was OK.  The Bakelite base is
broken, and some of it is missing, but that won't really matter, we're
not trying to win any toast concours awards, we just want some
well-toasted bread!

Anyway, it seems to work well, Daniel and I had some toast for lunch.
(With Loganberry jam my sister-in-law had made.)  Yum!  The toast was
perfectly done, evenly on both sides.  Crisp on the outside, and still
soft bread on the inside.  Score one for a well-made USA product from
the days when they actually tried to make things well, and to last.
This one's still in very presentable shape, shiny chrome and all.

Automotive content: I used M1 5W20 to lube the works.

-- Jim