Curt wrote:
> The US puts more people in prison than anywhere else on the planet...

And, this is a high dollar earner for investors, so... they lobby for
greater over reach which equals greater funding.  When We the people
can afford sacrifice of our time and treasure and skin, perhaps we can
assist to put fewer minor offenses in to the system.  But when we put
ourselves as audience to these things - yeah, we are not happy.
Selfish? - probably.  Sacrificial? - probably not.  Can it change? -
ya wonder...
mao