I think the one hanging (!) in the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH is wrinkled because it's bent. I assume it was well stripped before installation, but the skin has diagonal wrinkles in the front half. Looks as though it made a very hard landing one too many times. I don't remember which version it is, and it's been at least 15 years since I saw it.

The B-36 has lots of wrinkles too, but I figure that is from the amazing amount of vibration those R4360 pushers produced while it was flying.

Peter