People getting their internet through a telco are already being taxed, Comcast
has been getting a free ride in that regard.
-Curt
      From: rogerhga--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
 Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 9:22 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: FCC & Net Neutrality

I think the FCC did the right thing, as the Telcos/ISPs were making noises
about controlling or selling bandwidth to control speed for some customers.
<<<<<<<
Dan,
      I agree with some of your points, but as I read the details, the main
concern was to get it categorized as a utility so it can be regulated and
TAXED.  And you know who will pay the taxes.  My home phone, land line, is
comprised of roughly 25% in taxes, some of which I have no idea what they are.
So, I think net neutrality is one of those defined as the "best of intentions",
but really a piece of crap when it finally gets implemented.  No, I'm NOT
defending Comcast as I've had a love/hate relationship with them since 1999,
but for the price, they are still the best of my choices.  Now, if the FCC has
their way, I'm sure taxes will get added and I'll pay more for what I'm
currently getting.
Just my thoughts on this.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.
Monroe, Ga.
770-267-0850
www.dinnerwareclassics.com  (new)
www.southernnightsantiques.com  (antique)

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no