Somebody there told me they don't make much off the goods they sell, most of their profit is from the membership fees. I'm not quite sure how that works, I have the Exec membership, which costs like a $100, and I got $78 back this year on the rebate it comes with. They told me when I got it if I don't get the cost of it back they will credit it to me, but I have not gone and asked for it so I don't know. I guess I should try but I never remember to do it. Its a store credit, so not cash, but if you use it then you pay less cash.

Costco stuff is indeed of considerable quality and the prices are lower or competitive on value, and if you have any issue whatsoever they will replace or refund no questions asked. You really can't go wrong. Gas is a lot cheaper too, usually like 10cents/gal.

I had Sams in Houston as they were fairly close by, and it was OK but I like Costco better.

--R