Thanks Don.
That was useful info.

RB

On 04/03/2015 4:29 PM, OK Don via Mercedes wrote:
I'm not an A&P, but have played one for most of my life. To clarify what
Grant said, the feather trigger lets you modulate the hammering action from
a stroke every second to very fast. You start by setting the rivet in place
with a few slow strokes, then enough fast strokes to get it to the finished
state.

The 2X, 3X, 4X, etc. relates to the length of each stroke, hence the
"power" to mash ever increasing sizes and hardness's of rivets.

IIRC, boats often use larger rivets than I've dealt with in most of my
aircraft work, but they were often softer as well. I doubt that you need
more than a 3X rivet gun.

This is the gun I bought recently, and it works just fine:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/rivetset737.php?clickkey=1985735

It has everything you need except and air compressor and the rivets (which
you can find here:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/solidalumrivets2.php).

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:46 PM, G Mann via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>