<<<< evaluate an idea on its merits for a change.>>>

I'll be glad to.  With no partisanship, because, regardless of what
government genius came up with this idea to "save energy" they were
thoughtless and clueless.

1. Thousands of man hours of work are diverted each day with daylight
savings plan simply by having to calculate what time it now is in the time
zone you are making business calls.. I am now forced to start work 1 hr
earlier and stop 1 hr earlier, even though my state does NOT have daylight
savings, just to make business calls to states that do.

2. Normal sleep / rest cycles of the population are disrupted. Workers are
less able to function for a significant time while their body rhythms try
to adjust. Their  digestive cycles are disrupted because they are, under
the forced changed schedule, now eating at a different time.

3. School children are less alert for all the same reasons above, thus
their ability to absorb education is impaired. Resultant effect is lower
performance, additive each year they are in school. Their teachers are
impacted as well.

4. For a period after time change, drivers are less alert, which may
contribute to increased accident rates, which result in increased costs for
auto ownership, insurance rates, and medical care.

5. Stress levels are increased on the general population. Individuals who
are required to be at work on time, upon rising at the new time, always
increase stress because for a period of awaking, they really don't know if
they are "on time" or not.. This bit of stress is additive to personal loss
of well being, contributes to loss "Public Wellness", and may cause
additional injury, physical and psychological.

There are other items that evolve from the "Cause and Effect" logic of the
implication of this absurd idea for social engineering, but in the interest
of brevity I will not explore them here.

Grant...