TANSTAAFL - There ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

-Curt

      From: Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Monday, March 9, 2015 1:45 PM
 Subject: [MBZ] Perpetual motion at last!

New tires could generate powerPublished: Monday, March 9, 2015

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced a new tire concept that could
generate electricity for electric cars.

The company announced the "BHO3" tire at the Geneva auto show and said the
tire "offers the possibility" of helping recharge batteries of electric
cars by converting heat from the rolling tire into electric energy.

Most electric cars have a range of 100 miles before they must be recharged.

"These concept tires reimagine the role that tires may play in the future,"
said Joe Zekoski, senior vice president and chief technical officer at
Goodyear. "We envision a future in which our products become more
integrated with the vehicle and the consumer, more environmentally friendly
and more versatile" (Terry Box,*Dallas Morning News*
<http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/concept-tire-could-generate-electricity.html/>,
March 6). *-- MH*

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no