Peter Frederick wrote:

> > "There's no way he could be Canadian" -- bullfeathers, he's as Canadian as
> > anyone else born in Calgary, Alberta.
> >
> > Unlike Obama, Cruz WAS born outside the USA.  He has, believe it or not, a
> > valid Canadian birth certificate, which makes him a citizen just like
> > having a US birth certificate makes someone a US citizen.  Curiously he
> > manage to renounce said Canadian citizenship in record time -- it normally
> > takes six or eight years to fully complete the process, and Conrad Black
> > fought for almost 20 years to renounce his.  It's not a matter of walking
> > in and saying "I don't wanna be anymore".
> >
> > His mother also did not register his birth with a US Consular Officer,
> > which is required to establish the validity of his claim to citizenship,
> > and he must be a resident of the US for 14 years past the date of claim to
> > be eligible to be President.  Lot's of unaswered questions there, and Cruz
> > certainly isn't going to do anything to clear them up, especially the data
> > at which a Consular Official of some sort was notified of his birth to a US
> > citizen.
> >
> > I have also heard, true or not, that since first generation children of
> > Cuban citizens are considered Cuban citizens by Cuba and it is IMPOSSIBLE
> > to renounce Cuban citizenship at the moment under the Castro goverment,
> > that Cruz is a bona fide citizen of Cuba.  This will definitely prevent him
> > being President of the US.  Papa Cruz was a Cuban citizen until the 1990s
> > sometime, and in Cuban law probably still is.
> >
> > McCain was born outside the US, but that event occurred in a military
> > hospital in the Canal Zone in Panama, considered US soil, and said birth
> > was properly recorded.
> >
> > Lots of fodder for the speculation machine that passes for political
> > discourse in the US.
> >
> > I do notice a deafening silence from the "birthers" who howled about Obama
> > though.
> >
> > Peter

With a Republican majority Supreme Court, Cruz will become president if he gets
the nomination and wins the election.
However, extremists such as Cruz are seldom nominated. A usually accurate poll
shows the following:

"A new Bloomberg Politics/Saint Anselm New Hampshire poll shows Jeb Bush has
taken a slight lead over other potential Republican presidential candidates.

When asked who they would vote for if the 2016 New Hampshire presidential
primary were held today, 16 percent of respondents picked the former Florida
governor. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky was second with 13 percent, Gov. Scott
Walker of Wisconsin followed with 12 percent, and Gov. Chris Christie of New
Jersey earned 10 percent."

I would think it will be either Jeb Bush or Scott Walker, the candidate favored
by big business because he defeated a union; the Wisconsin Teachers Union. Of
those two, I would pick Walker since Bushs conservatism is suspect in many
right wing republicans minds.
Gerry
P.S. Cruz got only 5% in a Quinnipiac pole compared to Walkers 17%.