I am con-fuddled.  The engine works just great.  Lights off, but put it in
gear, the engine locks up and dies.  Neutral switch is good, as it will not
allow starting in gear, only N and P.    I needed to move the car and was able
to rev it then pop into gear to get it to grunt and roll a bit, then die.  Just
like popping the clutch in a manual.  I was able to start and pop, move, die
enough times to get it backed into the driveway.

While on the jack stands the reverse function was spinning the rear wheels, not
under load.  Under load it just dies.  w115 300D

Any bright mechanically/ transmission smart fellow able to point me in the
right direction?  I have been scouring the interwebs for a few hours and it all
relates to modern electronic transmissions.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers