Did the fuel filter on my car last evening. Much easier than the oil filter.
I have had the car 10 years come July and have never changed the fuel filter before.
My mechanic son suggested it was about time and that it would be pretty bad.
It was pretty black. I did not drain the bowl and wipe it out which I maybe should have. I just swapped filters and put it back together.
The new filter is pleated paper. The old looked like it had a cloth wrap.

Was surprised that the box with the filter did not provide a new o ring and seal for the fitting that holds the cover down.
Re-used the old ones and it does not appear to be leaking.

RB