ATTABOY! 'Glad it's running, and I know it's a bit worrisome to not know 'zackly what fixed it.

If it happens again, try just disconnecting battery for coupla minutes first.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:41 AM
Subject: [MBZ] S500 Won't Start

First and foremost, the car is now running.  I'm not exactly sure why.

Here's what I did in order:

1.) Replaced CPS. Car would not start.

2.) Fuel pressure was definitely low. Replaced fuel filter. Fuel pressure was definitely improved. Car would not start.

3.) Disconneced battery. Removed and replaced fuses in computer module in "coffin". Removed and replaced all connectors on EZL. Reconnected battery.

Car started.

So I'm wondering if there were multiple issues, possibly a bad CPS and a clogged fuel filter. Or - maybe replacing the parts fixed it, but something needed to be reset?

I'm am not complaining in the least, I'm glad it's running. Just trying to figure out what exactly the fix was.

A BIG thank you to everyone who offered help and suggestions!

Dan

Sent from my iPad