Yeah, apparently B&N tried to do a bunch of proprietary stuff with the Nook,
which accomplished nothing more than pissing off their users.

When I couldn't get mine to charge, I did some research and found out about
their mini USB plug that was a millimeter longer than the USB standard,
preventing you from using a stock cable and having to buy theirs...

Dan