That's what I "pictured" when ya mentioned it. ;<)

ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "G Mann via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "G Mann" <g2ma...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Pumping diesel

Tech tip, I forgot..

Cut the bottom end of the PVC pipe at about a 30 degree angle so it won't
suck down to the bottom of the barrel and stall the pump.

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 8:43 PM, G Mann <g2ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

To Kaleb,
re, hauling diesel and lack of a tank.

I use 4 ea. 55 gallon metal barrels. I have hauled them both in the bed of
my F450 and my F350 pickup, and on my two axle flatbed trailer.

In each case, I strap all 4 barrels together with two ea. two inch wide
ratchet straps, which gives them decent stability both empty and full.

The steel 55 gallon barrels have metal bungs which will seal up fuel
tight, and I use a Harbor Freight 12 volt pump with 3/4 inch tubing to pump the fuel out of the barrels into my "Ranch tank".. I made up some stingers from schedule 40 PVC 3/4 inch pipe to stick down the barrel and stick into the Ranch Tank. I use clear poly tubing from Ace hardware from those to the pump, [lets me see if fuel is flowing] and alligator clamps and landscaping
low voltage wire to run from the truck battery to the pump, with a 12V
on/off switch at the pump..

Takes about 15 to 20 minutes to pump off 55 gallons, but it's a poor mans
way to haul fuel, and have control over cost of tanks.. I picked up the 55
gal barrels used once [had engine oil original use] for $5 each.

HTH..
Grant...