For future construction, I would like to recommend that you look at using a
coloring agent for the concrete pad. The concrete is then the same color
throughout the entire pour, No paint to flake or chip in the future.

At the proper time in the concrete cure cycle, use a concrete sealer, which
goes on looking milky, but is absorbed into the pores of the concrete and
very nicely resists stains and discolorations which happen to bare unsealed
concrete.

Cost of sealer is generally much less than paint, certainly much less than
epoxy, and gives the concrete a "finished look" when used over colored
concrete.

The color agent used to make colored concrete is usually a powder additive
to the concrete, much the consistancy of tile grout material. There is a
pretty decent range of colors to choose from also.