Because Apple has allowed the popular impression that their OS is not
susceptible to attacks to persist, and the lack of a regularly scheduled
patch process fosters that. This is also part of the reason iOS is not
going to gain traction in the corporate world.

I can think of lots of people who will be better off not driving there own
cars, but I enjoy it too much to give it up, at least now.  I drove the
twisty/turny roads on the Olympic Peninsula last week and enjoyed every
turn. Maybe in 20 years I'll want the car to drive me to the grocery store
instead of doing it myself - might keep me independent longer.

--
OK Don

NSA: The only branch of government that actually listens to US citizens!

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!