What rear diff lubricant was I told is the beat to put in after I make sure the
fill plug can be removed (14mm Johnny B) and I drain out the old?

Bob Rentfro
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Jan 30 14:49:26 2006
From: "BillR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:49:17 -0500
Subject: [MBZ] S600 wiring

<Amazing car to drive. Love ours. Lots of power. Wiring sucks.

<James Zavesky

James - I have been toying with the idea of getting an S600 - one on ebay
now looks pretty good, but I am not ready to make the jump.   What is the
problem with the wiring?  I thought pre '94's should be ok.

For all those who offered help with the erratic blinker:  It is still an
occasional problem, but playing with it [flashers, blinkers, stalk] usually
stops it.  Never had the panel off where the flasher switch is located, and
I don't think I am getting contact cleaner where it needs to go.  Is there a
simple way to get access to that switch?
BillR
Jacksonville FL
1981 300SD  EM   270k miles