From a cinematography standpoint "The Longest Day" is typical of its vintage.
Most of it was shot on a sound stage. "Saving Private Ryan" has a much more
"real" look and of course the sound design is 20 years more advanced.
The stuff with the Duke is pretty sappy too, again typical of his acting style
and the time.
-Curt

      From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Okie Benz <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:03 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: C-47 glider towing

As someone mentioned previously, if you ever watched “The Longest Day”, which
is probably one of the best ever movies made about D-Day, you would have seen
numerous references to gliders.

If you haven’t see the movie I highly advise doing so.  It’s well done and
pretty historically accurate.

I saw some of “Patton” the other day.  I love that guy.

Dan