So my cousin just had to spend $3k on a new tranny and some other stuff for her 08 Golf I think it was. Apparently the tranny is "sealed" and in some checkup to figure out why it was not working properly her mech somehow determined that it was pretty much burned up, fluid all black and stinky. Is that true, you couldn't change the fluid in those things and somehow VW expected they would just work forever (or until the warranty expired)? Wow. Is this a common problem with those things?

--R