Rear window regulator uses a cable, front uses bastardized design combining
electric motor with hand crank mechanism (or at least that what it looks
like to me).

Didn't someone develop a field modification to strengthen the door or the
regulator to reduce the flexing (and the resulting metal fatigue) and
prolong the life?

Max
Charleston SC