> On October 9, 2015 at 10:55 AM Rich Thomas via Mercedes
 <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 I will take the complement but only vaguely remember extracting said
 parts from said vehicle.  i do recall they used some sort of cable
 arrangement, not a mechanical linkage, to run the window up and down.

My W140 has that arrangement. As the window finished closing, the upper pulley
broke in half with a loud bang that made me fear the glass had broken.
Fortunately the window stayed fully closed.
Unfortunately, I opened it a few days later without having a spare regulator
on hand. When the upper pulley is broken, the lower cable can pull it open
but it isn't going to close again, even if you raise the glass by hand while
somebody else taps the button.
A comment in a regulator replacement thread at Benzworld recommends replacing
the regulator, closing the window, and never opening the rear windows again.

Mitch.

Another reason to stick with older MBs.